Talk

Advanced search

16mth old dd doesn't dad when mum around

(4 Posts)
Sheen4272 Mon 07-Sep-09 21:29:15

My dd becomes clingy when I am around, she will not give her dad a cuddle and if he tries to pick her up she throws a tantrum and cries. If I'm not there she's fine. She barely acknowledges him when he comes home from work or if he gets her out of her cot in the morning and I am in the house. She's happy for him to give breakfast and bottle at night but rarely any cuddles. This is very upsetting for dh. Any ideas on how to deal with this?

LucyTownsend Mon 07-Sep-09 21:32:24

My 20 month old dd does this too - so will be watchin this thread closely. She will give him cuddles and kisses if we make it into a game - eg. Mummy cuddles Daddy, dd cuddles daddy etc.

And if Im not there - cuddles and kisses all day!

fidelma Mon 07-Sep-09 21:35:31

Thats hard. My advice would be for him to be very cool and just walk away happily and do something eles.He could start playing with something that might interest her or just leave it and read the paper. You always want what you can't have. Don't let her feel like she is in charge of the situation. It will just be a phase if you play it down.It is a very common situation. Do not let it stress you out. Good luck.smile

Elk Mon 07-Sep-09 21:38:54

dd2 was exactly the same at that sort of age. I can't remember when she stopped being like that but she is nearly four now has not been clingy for ages. dd2 now goes to daddy in the morning instead of me so it does change. I think it is quite normal and they slowly grow out of it. My friends 22 month old dd is very similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now