Talk

Advanced search

At what age do DCs draw a simple face?

(5 Posts)
RGPargy Mon 07-Sep-09 21:21:37

I'm asking this because today my 21 month old drew two eyes and a mouth and proclaimed "Kate!" (the name of her play mate). Is this usual for this age? I do quite often draw faces for her so maybe she is just copying but i was so shocked that she drew it i just had to take a photo of it! (it was one of those magnetic draw things and i was worried it would get wiped off).

RGPargy Mon 07-Sep-09 22:55:33

Am i being very precious?

EccentricaGallumbits Mon 07-Sep-09 22:57:14

extremly but DD1 was only 18 months old and did a full face with the right colours and yellow hair bt she was very very bright.
She's now an average dyslexic13 yr old.

llareggub Mon 07-Sep-09 22:58:25

My son drew a snail the other day. Well, he said it was a snail, it looked like a snail, and we were all very proud. He has also scribbled the number 4 and called it a 4.

I strongly suspect his scribbles are just that, as he mostly produced scribbles that look nothing like the word he is saying.

Your DD doesn't sound like she is randomly scribbling though.

RGPargy Mon 07-Sep-09 23:00:04

Hmmm ok so it could be completely normal then if she's either very bright or just scribbling! lol!! Thanx for answering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now