Talk

Advanced search

cross daughter

(7 Posts)
emmymum Mon 07-Sep-09 17:04:05

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my very cross 3.5 year old little girl. She has always been energetic and feisty but lately she flies off the handle at everything saying 'I am very angry' and storms out, even shouting at me in gibberish (which is kind of like being sworn at!) - it's bad enough with me but she has started doing it with other children and I am really worried she is going to have no friends at nursery as she will alienate them with her anger.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, whether I should worry and also if there is anything I can do to help her keep control of her anger? She is jolly and happy much of the time, it is just these rages which are quite scary and though not directly aggressive, they are so very angry. An au pair started a few weeks ago and that seems to have made things worse too. Any help would be appreciated!

pellmell Mon 07-Sep-09 17:09:27

did you notice the shouting in gibberish befor the arrival of the aupair? just wondered if that was relevant!
Sometimes a few weeks of difficult behaviour feels like it has been going on forever.

emmymum Mon 07-Sep-09 17:32:05

The shouting gibberish has happened with the au pair but the crossness with her friends started a little before that - she is definately unsettled by the au pair but she seems to get really anxious now with children and then cross when they have a go at her or something.

She seems very over sensitive and then doesn't want to play with them. I just don't know how to make it easier for her.

emmymum Mon 07-Sep-09 17:54:58

Just read back and that made it sound like I am blaming the other children which I don't at all, I can see it is my daughter who is over-reacting - that is the worry as it really puts the children off. I am so conscious of the fun she is missing out on by alienating everybody.

pellmell Mon 07-Sep-09 18:56:10

is there any chance she is copying behaviour from the aupair (could she have difficulty understanding the aupair accent-assuming the aupairs english is not her first language)?

I just wonder if she is role playing and showing her bossy side at the same side and wondered if there was any chance the aupair was shouting angrily and saying the things you describe as well as seeming to talk gibberish to you dd?

emmymum Wed 09-Sep-09 18:56:58

that is a worrying thought, going to look into this as it may well be what is happening. Thank you for the advice.

pellmell Thu 10-Sep-09 20:53:25

I wish you well.
I'm amazed you understood my post it makes no sense at allgrin
I just meant.....could she be copying an angry/shouty aupair who may well talk in her own language around your dd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now