Talk

Advanced search

Broken Glasses.....

(7 Posts)
Fluffypoms Sat 05-Sep-09 17:47:34

I just broke my DS Glasses,
I had hands full of washing and had ds glasses they got caught on something and I pulled not thinking it was the Glasses and they have snapped in half.sad

He is Back to school monday and needs them, how long to fix them if i take them to opticians first thing? and how much will it cost?
Does anyone know?

Thanks
>note to self: should be more bloody carefull<

vinblanc Sat 05-Sep-09 17:50:58

You might be able to find an opticians that has a one-hour service that is open on a Sunday.

Not sure about cost. I think the NHS only covers one pair a year.

DS had to get replacement glasses last week (adult sized) and they cost £75.

pickyvic Sat 05-Sep-09 18:23:32

think they might be able to just swap the frame if its a current frame. im an optical assistant - if they were free on the voucher they should be able to use a repair voucher to do it and it should be free. if you paid for them it will cost you the price of a new frame. if the frame is in stock they will do it for you there and then.

Seona1973 Sat 05-Sep-09 19:33:56

is your opticians normally open on a Sunday? (mine isn't). You could get the glasses replaced free of charge (I have never had to pay for repairs/replacements although I have always chosen the free frames for dd so far).

Fluffypoms Sat 05-Sep-09 21:10:26

Thanks Guys didnt know opticians were open sundays but just googled and there is one close by that is, so thanks. will be taking him tomorrow. Should it matter if it is a different opticians from where we got the glasses?

pickyvic Sat 05-Sep-09 21:53:15

yes - if he got the original frame from one opticians you may just be able to swap frames from the same one. id go back to where you got them. it might be quicker in the long run and cheaper too.
unless its a chain like specsavers or vision express - in which case they use the same frames in each branch...

Fluffypoms Sat 05-Sep-09 22:04:38

Thanks pickyvic. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now