Talk

Advanced search

19 month old waking up VERY grumpy from her nap....

(5 Posts)
Purplestroud Sat 05-Sep-09 15:51:56

Can anyone offer any help, my dd has one good nap of about 90 mins after lunch, but most days wakes up in a terrible strop and can take 30mins + to get out of it if we are at home. If she has sleep in the car of pushchair she seems to get over it quicker. We have tried sitting in her room for a bit to let her come round which used to work, now she just shouts out, out.......

meandjoe Sat 05-Sep-09 16:41:33

Could it be her blood sugar going too low while she's asleep. I read on here that a snack staight after waking can help. It didn't work for my ds though. He's 2 and it's still 50/50 whether he wakes up crying or not after a nap. Some kids just don't like waking up (can't say I blame them!)

BuildABurger Sat 05-Sep-09 16:46:22

meandjo, I was just going to post exactly that. DD is around the same age and usually goes to sleep around lunch time. She won't eat much when she is tired, so she ends up with breakfast, then a snack before her nap rather than a good meal. When she wakes she is really grumpy until I give her some food - works like magic!

may08 Sat 05-Sep-09 19:13:55

Ditto, my ds has always been awful at waking from a nap but I put him down like Buildaburger and give him his lunch when he wakes and it works a treat!

jafina Sat 05-Sep-09 20:06:27

If my dd woke up very grumpy I used to put her in the buggy and take her for a quick walk, often she would go back to sleep for another 20mins, as if she hadn't had enough sleep and then wake up happy .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now