Talk

Advanced search

14 month old is biting

(5 Posts)
inscotland Sat 05-Sep-09 10:23:39

Twice on me today and I have no idea what to do. Any tips?

Grandhighpoohba Sat 05-Sep-09 11:18:27

Have no solutions, sorry, but my 12mo is doing this too and it really hurts! So I am bumping in the hope that someone will come along and help us both. smile

pollyperkins Sat 05-Sep-09 11:36:40

Is this biting you on your body or when you're BF him/her?

If general biting I did find the MN video on biting quite good - my DD had a bit of a go at me a few times recently and (naff as it sounds) I explained to her biting me made me very sad but kissing me made me happy - seemed to work as she hasn't done it since. It seemed to be when she was teething most too so I tried to make sure she had other cold teethers to hand (although to be fair she just chews on any old toy really).

Grandhighpoohba Sat 05-Sep-09 13:20:44

With mine, its biting generally. He's too young (I think) to understand any explanation, as he's not talking yet. I think he understands what "no" means, but definately not "happy" or "sad." He has teething stuff, but prefers to bite my clothes, but sometimes catches my skin, leaving very dark bruises. Not deliberate at all, but bloody sore!

Will have a look at the videos though, thanks, I didn't know about them!

(Sorry for hi-jacking the tread inscotland)

Harimosmummy Sat 05-Sep-09 22:11:10

Hi Inscotland

My 14MO also bites.

I don't have any solutions (sorry!) but I think it must be a bit of a phase they go through!

Hm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now