Talk

Advanced search

Potty for a Boy - need to be bigger??

(6 Posts)
qsack Wed 01-Jun-05 19:37:02

hi
want to start potty training DS1 and need to buy a potty. i've heard that some potty's can be too small for boys or too low at the front? DS is 22mths but big for his age so don't want to spend an age looking for the right one as have 6wk old DS2 aswell.

any advice would be great

Furball Wed 01-Jun-05 20:15:48

We went for a potty chair type as a potty was just too low to sit on. Just get him into the habit of pressing his willy down into it when he sits down. Although some do have 'wee guards' which he never really got the hang of, if you see them you'll understand - could be very painful if you mis-judge your sit down and if you put it on after you've sat down what a faff. Just as easy for him to push on his willy to point it in the right place.

qsack Wed 01-Jun-05 20:23:31

hi furball, thanks. i'd heard about the 3 in 1's and like the sound of it.

jenkins88 Thu 02-Jun-05 19:43:53

We had this problem with the little potty's. DS could sit on it but had to take his trousers and pants right off because he needed to put his feet either side of it rather than in front. We bought the potty chair that Furball sugested and it's much better. The 'wee guard' isn't much help but we just have to keep reminding him to push his willy downwards. I think that one's also really good because the top comes off and fits on a toilet, so we can just take that bit out with us and he can use any public toilet if he needs to and it seems familiar to him already.

gingernut Thu 02-Jun-05 19:54:50

Yes, we liked the potty chair type too.

qsack Thu 02-Jun-05 20:50:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now