Talk

Advanced search

Morning milk before breakfast - when did you drop it?

(7 Posts)
DoodleAlley Fri 04-Sep-09 13:57:38

DS is very nearly one.

ATM we have BF and then breakfast a little later. Only other BF is just before bed.

I've just started back at work and would love to drop the morning BF and just give milk in beaker at breakfast but don't know if it's too early. Don't want to do it just as a convenience to me.

Historically DS has not dropped feeds on his own, but has been ok with them being dropped when we do.

So just wondering when people dropped this milk feed first thing and just gave milk at breakfast?

Thanks

eastendmummy Fri 04-Sep-09 14:06:56

I still give my 19 mo milk first thing as he screams for it when he wakes up. Not sure when we'll ever get him to drop it as he loves it so much although does only have about 5oz so not much. It's different though as I'm not bf so I'm probably not much help! I think if you can change it to a beaker without too much of a problem then do that.

louloubelle Fri 04-Sep-09 14:11:47

My 5 1/2 yo dd and 3 1/2 yo ds have a half a cup of milk just before breakfast. I have just stopped feeding my 15 mo dd2, and she now has a beaker of milk with the others. During holidays this is in my bed with stories on the bed, as term starts it will be in kitchen whilst brushing hair just before breakfast...
I was down to 2 feeds a day, morning and evening (dropped 3pm feed a month ago)and had no problem dropping.

FlouryBap Fri 04-Sep-09 14:35:12

Like eastendmummy's LO, my 16 month DD screams for hers first thing. However her cousin (who has always not been that into milk) who is the same age has been just having milk from a beaker with breakfast. I think it depends on your LO. I give mine milk in the morning before nursery adn then breakfast about 20 mins later.

HTHs

DoodleAlley Fri 04-Sep-09 15:25:55

OK that's great thanks. I think I'll see how much milk he takes from a beaker if I express instead and if it's sufficient will move to beaker. He's not that bothered about the milk feed unless he knows its on offer so maybe he'll be ok going to a beaker.

Thanks again

sambo2 Fri 04-Sep-09 15:27:59

My LO is the same age as yours and I have stopped the early morning bottle as he was waking for it at 5.30am! If I gave it to him, he then would not eat breakfast as he wasn't hungry. So I now give him 5oz in a beaker - sometimes he drinks it and sometimes he doesn't. He also has milk on his cereal and yoghurt. Breakfast is now at about 7.30am rather than 8am.

DoodleAlley Fri 04-Sep-09 17:18:36

That sounds pretty much as I planned to do it. Will give it a go over the weekend and see whether he organises a revolt as a result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now