Talk

Advanced search

at what age could you say your dc thought before acting?

(6 Posts)
deaconblue Thu 03-Sep-09 20:56:49

Ds is 3 and so often I see him act before thinking it through at all. eg we were at a gym thing yesterday and the children were taking it in turns to walk up a bench and jump off the end onto a crash mat. He took turns well and waited til the previous child got off the mat before jumping, but at one point a girl was taking a bit longer to jump and he gave her a nudge off the end. It was a low jump onto a soft mat so no harm done, but I told him off for spoiling her turn. He clearly just found the urge to act too irrestistable.

Barmymummy Thu 03-Sep-09 21:43:25

Sounds exactly like my DS who turned 4 in June.....am still waiting for his brain to act before the body does hmm

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 04-Sep-09 07:49:47

And my daughter who is eight. Very impulsive to the extent she jumped into a swimming pool fully clothed aged 2. Seems to be a case of see it, want it, do it.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 04-Sep-09 07:50:30

3 of mine are teenagers and haven't seen much sign of thinking before acting grin

BonsoirAnna Fri 04-Sep-09 07:51:12

DD (4.9) thinks before acting pretty often now. But she has been at school for two years and has got pretty adjusted to the concept of waiting.

mankyscotslass Fri 04-Sep-09 07:53:37

Mine are 7, 5 and 3. No evidence of thinking before acting/speaking in any of them yet. The 7 year old is the worst. hmm

Drives me mad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now