Talk

Advanced search

12 months old and dirty nappy every time - should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
Joeymac Thu 03-Sep-09 20:09:19

Over the last couple of months DS2 has a dirty nappy everytime I chance him. He doesn't seem to do proper big poos once or twice a day which DS1 did - he just does very small poos all the time. I can change him and then literally half an hour later he's done another small poo bit.

It seems to have got worse since he's come off the milk in the daytime and started more of a solid diet. I've looked back through his nursery log to remind myself and he did used to be able to go through a day with ony 1 poo so I don't know why it's changed.

I'm starting to get worried that he's incontinent (OK I know babies are but properly incontinent).

Has anyone else had this?

nauseous Thu 03-Sep-09 21:09:32

no advice I'm afraid but bump...

5inthebed Thu 03-Sep-09 21:12:00

A bit of a TMI question, but are his poohs hard lumps or soft? If they are hard, then he might be dehydrated a bit and might need more fluids, especially if he isn't having as much since he started on solids.

Joeymac Sat 05-Sep-09 18:21:35

they're kind of hardish - his brothers were alot softer at this age. I saw Dr on friday and she also through he may be a bit dehydrated. She said to go back in 2 months if still concerned for a referral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now