Talk

Advanced search

DD (age 3 yr 1 month) was at nursery this afternoon and cut another little girl on the arm with scissors

(6 Posts)
josben Tue 01-Sep-09 21:45:28

I feel awful, DD has only just moved up to the pre-school room and it was an older child that she cut... I have no idea why she did it - asked her but she didn't really say... I told her strenly that it was not acceptable to do that and you only cut paper with scissors. Apparently the children were all doing arty things cutting out paper shapes. She has used scissors at home before and has never done anything like this before - she has 2 older brothers and so is used to using childrens scissors.

DD has been through phases of aggressive behaviour - pushing and pinching, but i thought that she had stopped behaving aggressively - although nursery said that they didn't think she was behaving maliciously... i just feel really bad for the other child and a bit upset that DD may get labelled ... sad

josben Tue 01-Sep-09 21:54:26

I suppose what I'm asking is - would you be overly concerned - Dh says its just one of those things and not to worry - but i've been feeling anxious about DD aggressiveness for a while now - i might go to see the health visitor...? WWYD?

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Tue 01-Sep-09 21:56:13

I'd be worried as to why young children were given scissors this sharp TBH. Childrens scissors are normally so blunt they can just about cut paper.

josben Tue 01-Sep-09 21:58:05

Well yes - that dis cross my mind aswell...

colditz Tue 01-Sep-09 21:58:13

It's normal behavior. Not desirable, but normal. It's good that the nursery have recognised that it was not malicious - probably she just wanted to see what would happen. I doubt it was aggressive.

MrsGravy Tue 01-Sep-09 22:47:07

Well my DD was the 'victim' of a 'scissor attack' (!) at nursery school a few months back. What I wanted to know first and foremost was how well supervised are they with scissors? Teacher was most apologetic. They usually have them at one supervised table and the little girl had wandered off with them unnoticed.

I certainly didn't think any the worse of the little girl, and actually, my DD told me that she had been sitting 'right up close' to her cutting something out and that it was an accident. Perhaps that was the case here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now