Talk

Advanced search

Parquet floors and head accidents - reassurance please!

(7 Posts)
ethicsgirl Sun 30-Aug-09 12:21:47

My ds is 10 months and learning to cruise. He's still at the stage where he regularly lets go of whatever he's holding and crashes backwards onto the floor. We have wooden parquet floors througout our flat. Already today we have had bruises either side of his head and lots of screaming. I try to stand close by to catch him...but I'm also trying to get him out of habit of reaching for my hands all the time and making me walk him round the room (his favourite thing in all the world). Has anyone else's dc survived wooeden floors or is it best to put down a big rug....

claw3 Sun 30-Aug-09 12:34:46

All 3 of mine have survived wooden floors! If he is crashing backward i think he would end up with a bruise even on carpet to be honest.

On the plus side if he is taking his first few steps, it would be long before he is steady and hopefully falling onto his bottom if he does fall.

NezLiquide Tue 01-Sep-09 05:04:46

ethics I live in Singapore and due to heat we have marble floors. DS (12mo) coped fine although we have got some of those large plastic/foam tiles down in the lounge. That said though he's now started climbing so not really sure how to cope with any potential tumbles from a height shock

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 02-Sep-09 08:36:14

Same here, daughter grew up on marble floors. Luckily for her she seems to have a hard head.

ABetaDad Wed 02-Sep-09 08:42:20

Both DSs grew up on tile/wood floors. They fell over, they were fine. DCss are really very resiliant to occassional accidental bumps.

WilEm Wed 02-Sep-09 20:48:26

We have parquet flooring and DS and DD have both survived. DD even fell from the top of the stairs landing on the wooden floor at the bottom, she was fine once she'd recovered from the shock (even if I wasn't!).

LilianGish Wed 02-Sep-09 20:49:55

Parquet and tiles for us too and both dcs survived!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now