Talk

Advanced search

7 week old ds seems unhappy

(5 Posts)
montymoo Sat 29-Aug-09 16:39:51

My 7 week old ds still wakes up roughly every 2-3 hrs for a feed. He does not seem to be engaging with me or DH. So far I have only seen one smile from him (which was lovely & made my heart melt) and very little eye contact. My only experience of babies was with DD who is now 5, and totally different from DS. Is his behaviour usual for a 7 week old or should I worry about the lack of response from him?

posieparker Sat 29-Aug-09 16:43:51

This is normal, feeds and behaviour. Just enjoy it.smile This is not unhappy, but chilled.

alypaly Sat 29-Aug-09 16:48:42

babies dont normally smile til they are 3 months old...so dont worry. My ds1 fed every 2 hours til he was 1year old as he was prem. Knackering but normal.

montymoo Sat 29-Aug-09 21:11:43

That is a relief. I think because DD was so easy in comparison, I assumed that all babies were like her. Doh!

mcflumpy Sat 29-Aug-09 23:38:44

It's normal. give it a couple of weeks it will all change. Our 11 week old can't stop smiling these days. It's the most wonderful thing!...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now