Talk

Advanced search

Cheerful tot turned sour...

(6 Posts)
Whiteybaby Thu 27-Aug-09 21:55:50

Wondering if anyone has any advice for me! My pfb is 22 weeks and up till the last 3 wks has been a pretty much text book child. didn;t really cry unless reason, slept well, ebf fine. However the last few weeks she has been much less settled, doesn't seem happy to amuse herself for even a couple of mins, wont sleep so easily in the day (only seems to sleep if walking in pram) and so seems tired all day. She seems happy when I am holding playing with her but I really need to get some jobs done sometimes! She [whispers] still sleeps well at night but am worried this might change as def a sleep breeds sleep kind of mum! I think she might be teething but nothing showing except small dot on gum. Also feels like its been forever (i know its not) and don't know what to do! I tried to get her to nap in her cot this pm and she screamed blue murder which makes me want to cry too sadAny ideas? Experiences?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 27-Aug-09 23:05:25

Teeth. Yup. It does get better. The most painful bit is actually a while before they appear. Try Neurofen for children, it reduces swelling as well as stopping pain.

Whiteybaby Fri 28-Aug-09 20:09:28

thanks Who. Good point re neurofen. Will try it! Am hoping they appear soon she obviously has her dads tolerance for pain wink!

Mamulik Sat 29-Aug-09 11:38:11

yes, teeth the answer, and it only begining

Whiteybaby Sun 30-Aug-09 09:16:41

thats something to look forward to grin! Sure enough for the last four nights she has started waking up at 5am and wont go back to sleep without a dummy. She wont fall asleep now in the day either without dummy unless in pram. Am worried that I am making things worse by relying more and more on dummy and not sure what to do! The joys of being a neurotic first time mum sad.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 30-Aug-09 18:57:21

Do not worry about the dummy - DD had one from about five months to nine months and then chucked it at me one day and had nothing to do with it after that - as long as you use first stage (teeth friendly) dummies, it's fine. If they are still toting them when they get to a year you can always get Father Christmas to 'exchange' it overnight for a really cool toy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now