Talk

Advanced search

How often does your nearly 4 year old still wet themselves?

(12 Posts)
allaboutme Thu 27-Aug-09 21:13:41

DS is 3.11 yrs
He has been potty trained for over a year now.
He wets himself at least twice a week I'd say, sometimes a fair bit more.
He occasionally poos himself too.

Is this usual?

nancy75 Thu 27-Aug-09 21:15:20

dd never does during the day, but still has the odd nightime accident. not sure if girls find it easier?

feedthegoat Thu 27-Aug-09 21:18:16

My ds is a month younger than yours and has been potty trained for nearly a year.

He doesn't do full on wetting himself accidents but probably have to change his pants 2 or 3 times a week because he's dribbled abit due to leaving it to the last possible minute.

I don't think it is that unusual based on my friends dc.

cheesesarnie Thu 27-Aug-09 21:21:40

ds2 is 4 in december and wets himself atleast 2 times a day.it can be every wee he does in pants thoughsad.he wears nappies at night.
he never has a poo accident though.

it really gets to mesadim constantly scrubbing the settee and cushions.

LightningBolt Thu 27-Aug-09 21:22:11

Mine is still doubly incontinent

She has sn and am getting nowhere with potty training

PigeonPie Thu 27-Aug-09 21:24:20

My DS1 is 3.9 and we're still having accidents. It happens particularly when he's playing and forgets and sometimes when he's frightened or hurt himself.

Thankfully haven't had a poo accident in a long time.

It's frustrating isn't it? DS1 often just doesn't seem to care [grrr]

nancy - nighttime - I laugh! We're not even remotely thinking about nappy off at night, it's normally so wet I could ring it out in the morning!

MissisBoot Thu 27-Aug-09 21:24:25

dd rarely has an accident - maybe once every six months or so.

MmeLindt Thu 27-Aug-09 21:33:12

At that age both dd and ds were still having accidents around once to twice a week, sometimes more often.

They are now 7 yo (dd) and 5yo (ds) and still ds has the odd accident if he is too immersed in a game.

It is not unusual at that age.

cheesesarnie Thu 27-Aug-09 21:39:03

pigeonpie-ds doesn't care either.people have said to leave him in wet pants for a bit,but he would happily play all day in wet pants.he tends to be naked at home because then he goes potty/toilet more grin.

PigeonPie Thu 27-Aug-09 22:05:13

and what worries me is that he gets sore and I think it's exacerbated by having wet pants and trousers, but he just won't listen! Hey ho

cheesesarnie Thu 27-Aug-09 22:09:54

just glad ds isnt the only one!hes mostly fine at cm's and nursery.its mesad

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 27-Aug-09 22:16:14

I can't remember the last time he wet his pants but he is still in nappies at night. He is 4.2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now