Talk

Advanced search

Potty training - "holding" the wees!

(7 Posts)
LibuP Thu 27-Aug-09 19:43:37

I have started potty training my 2 1/2 year old girl as she asked for pants. However, I am having no successes on the potty or toilet, but find that she wees within 2 or 3 minutes of me taking her off, every time, which is getting frustrating. I have tried leaving her on for longer, and taking her off then putting her back on a few minutes later, but she seems to manage to hold it until her pants are back on! Any suggestions appreciated. sad

TheDailyStale Thu 27-Aug-09 19:45:40

I can't help. Only give you a bit of sympathy. I'm having a hard time of it too and dd2 starts pre-school in 2 weeks.

woollyjo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:47:28

no suggestions but I completely sympathise. Day 2 of potty training here, managed 1 poo in the potty and that's it.

DD 2+8 seemes constantly surprised when her feet get wet (due to wetting herself).

BlueKangerooWonders Thu 27-Aug-09 20:06:04

No suggestions only sympathy! They can hold it in longer than you would believe. But it will be pretty soon when you look back on these days - honest.
<dd is 3 today and resisted until last week! and has the holding capacity of I-don't-know-what! certainly longer than me! dc1 and 2 were much easier!)

deaconblue Thu 27-Aug-09 20:35:05

maybe she's just not ready. I would give it a day more and then leave it for a while. (I spent a year trying on and off to train ds until he finally just got on with it himself 3 weeks ago at 3.3)

LibuP Thu 27-Aug-09 21:32:59

Thanks everyone for the comments - it is nice to not feel so alone! smile

MrsGravy Thu 27-Aug-09 21:33:22

I agree with shoppingbag...

My DD did this when I first tried training her. I just gave up and tried her a few weeks later - same story, then a few weeks after that she was ready and trained very quickly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now