Talk

Advanced search

Quoting TV ads.

(12 Posts)
nemo4 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:11:52

My DC obviously watch too much tv, and now my 4yr old goes round quoting from adverts. Eg. "Bang and the dirt is gone" = "Just say BANG mum and the dirt will go" when I am cleaning, and "just turn your jewellry into cash mum - I've got lots of jewellry"!
Do anyone elses quote the tv like that??!!

PitysSake Thu 27-Aug-09 18:12:20

yy all the time
ocean fincance
bendaroos etc

meerkat

nemo4 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:15:29

Benderoos????

Saltire Thu 27-Aug-09 18:16:04

Ds2 said to me yesterday "mum there's an advert on tv that says if you ahd a fall at work or on the road that wasn't your fault then you can get money, well you had a fall at work that wasn't your fault, will I ring them for you"hmm

claw3 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:16:56

Oh yes my ds 5 picked up on the 'talk to Frank ads' and walked around saying 'oh great, a bleeding nostril, just pick up the phone and talk to Frank'

Overmydeadbody Thu 27-Aug-09 18:17:57

Oh dear

<shakes head>

Time for a tv cutback.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 27-Aug-09 18:20:26

When my dd's little friends dog died, dd (aged 5 or 6) asked me if the dog had really died, or had it gone to the Dogs Trust?

nemo4 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:21:58

Fab about the dog! How sweet!
The Mortgage Shrinker was one of my DS's favourites.

Lizzzombie Thu 27-Aug-09 18:22:38

Mt 2 year old DS often can be heard singing "...they're Lellie Kellie..." from the shoe advert. Am hoping he won't still be doing this when he starts school!

DesperateHousewifeToo Thu 27-Aug-09 18:43:46

Dd (4) asked me the other day if I was going to send my gold off in the post to get money!shock

NorbertDentressangle Thu 27-Aug-09 18:48:26

Oh yes.

When DS (5) needs the toilet, rather than saying " I need a poo" he now announces "I'm off to Paul's house" thanks to that air freshener ad.

grin

squeaver Thu 27-Aug-09 18:50:46

I did a thread on this just the other day.

dd said to MIL and FIL: "we used to have a dog but we didn't look after it and now it's gone to the Dogs Trust" (never had a dog btw)

Followed up with: "did you know you can get cash for your gold, Grandma?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now