WE'RE ALL STILL ALIVE! (JUST) grin

elmofan Thu 27-Aug-09 17:58:38

grin we survived too (just about)
roll on school on monday .

Overmydeadbody Thu 27-Aug-09 17:59:18

yay!
roll on thursday

elmofan Thu 27-Aug-09 18:17:01

not sure yet what i will do with my free time , dd (3) has just started preschool so both dc's will be in school & for the first time in 10 years ill be home alone smile

applepudding Thu 27-Aug-09 22:23:46

Another week to go here. I'm in two minds how I feel - as a term time worker it also means back to work for me - but at this stage in the holiday I think I'm looking forward to going back to work for a rest!

leisurely Fri 28-Aug-09 08:36:50

HAHA, mine went back on Tuesday. A particularly happy day for me after nine, yes, nine weeks of avarice from her.

cazboldy Fri 28-Aug-09 08:39:14

Mine don't go back until the 7th smile

I LOVE the holidays - it has gone so fast sad

blametheparents Fri 28-Aug-09 08:42:54

Mine go back on the 7th too.

I have enjoyed the holidays, but am suffering from a bit of summer holiday fatigue now!

Not looking forward to being out of the house by 8.20am, that is going to be tough.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 28-Aug-09 08:52:40

I'm a bit worried. I can't remember what time we normally set off blush

ICANDOTHAT Fri 28-Aug-09 10:19:50

Don't want mine to go back sad I've really enjoyed having them around. Is there something wrong with me?? hmm

leisurely Fri 28-Aug-09 10:44:34

Don't get me wrong, I love having her at home because she makes me laugh, however, she gets nine weeks off and the cost of living is very high in Switzerland. I think that because she is an only, I have to entertain her much more than if she had siblings. Still glad she's back though!

mrshibbins Fri 28-Aug-09 11:46:54

It's been a tough one here - we run a business from home and due to the recession, working full tilt. DD, 8, is particularly demanding and needy of attention and not understanding of work boundaries, and we've just not had the money for playschemes etc and invites from friends have dried up (she doesn't play very well with other kids) ...

it's been a bit of a strain on all of us....

preciouslillywhite Fri 28-Aug-09 11:52:29

I've got next term "off" to decorate this dump so that we can sell it.

Will be aaaaall aloooone apart from the bloody dogs and Radio 4.

Love holidays.

Dreading it sad

mrshibbins Fri 28-Aug-09 12:21:17

"Will be aaaaall aloooone apart from the bloody dogs and Radio 4."

Wow. that sounds like my idea of BLISS ...

preciouslillywhite Fri 28-Aug-09 12:29:31

...I know it does sound appealing mrshibbins. But if you add painting into the mix it rapidly degenerates into being a bit shit

devientenigma Fri 28-Aug-09 18:54:37

it's the 8th and 19th for mine!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now