Talk

Advanced search

Bum shuffling 16 mth old with sore red ankles! Help!

(5 Posts)
SweetTea Wed 26-Aug-09 19:47:30

My DD is 16months old and has been bum shuffling for about 4 months. I am fine with this as i believe she will walk when she's ready. My concern is that she refuses to keep socks on, meaning when she bum shuffles her ankles get quite red as often the friction with the floor makes the skin come off so they start to bleed I have tried putting very soft pram style shoes on her to try to keep the socks on but she just takes the whole lot off! I've also tried plasters but hate taking them off as they really pull the skin and leave a horrid sticky mark!

Has anyone else had a problem like this with their little ones and what did they do?

Thanks!

TabithaTwitchet Wed 26-Aug-09 19:49:39

Could you just put her in tights? Or would she just get upset trying and failing to get them off?

Worth a try maybe

SweetTea Wed 26-Aug-09 19:53:02

Good suggestion but she has tried to pull off tights too

I'd also be worried that she would be too hot whilst the weather is warm!

MrsBadger Wed 26-Aug-09 20:24:31

yy tights

they pull and pull but nothgn happens so they get bored and do something else

mummytowillow Wed 26-Aug-09 21:56:53

My daughter was a bum shuffler, she finally walked at 18 months. She to got red sore legs, I just put cream on them. But in Mothercare yesterday I saw some elastic things that keep their socks on, I thought it was an excellent idea, worth a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now