Talk

Advanced search

DS Frustration on his belly...when to step in???

(5 Posts)
njmomof1 Wed 26-Aug-09 16:31:43

Hi DS (6mths) has figured out the rolling onto belly bit but then he just arches his back with his arms out backwards and wobbles about for a bit doing a SuperBaby impression and gets really frustrated.

I do try to leave him to figure it out but when he gets going with his squeals I help him onto his side again and he just smiles. Anyone else had/going through the same?

belgo Wed 26-Aug-09 16:34:09

When he gets upset just tip him back again.

mumofeve Wed 26-Aug-09 17:23:35

My DS (5mo) did (sometimes still does!) the same thing. I have tried to leave him as long as possible (ie. I turn him over when he REALLY starts to get cross). I always turned my DD (now 3) as soon as she looked the slightest bit fed up (which was pretty much straight away), and I am sure that that was one of the reasons she was quite late crawling. DS now seems a lot happier on his tummy after a few weeks of getting quite cross (he rolled over first when he was about 4mo) and now he can really push himself up with his arms and can see what's going on a lot better, so he's much happier about it.

njmomof1 Wed 26-Aug-09 17:54:37

Thanks Belgo

Thanks mumofeve - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a mean mommy I suppose.

Ginga66 Thu 03-Sep-09 23:10:51

My DS does this too - 5 mths. I go in during the night as he wakes himself up with it and then gets upset. Not sure if I should roll or leave as sometimes falls asleep on front?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now