Talk

Advanced search

How long can you leave newborn in bouncer seat?

(4 Posts)
naturopath Tue 25-Aug-09 15:42:12

ds2 is a bit refluxy - hates lying flat for about the first hour after a feed - will be v uncomfortable, grunting etc., then sick and screaming. Bouncer chair with vibration thing on (the rainforest one) works well, but I don't think it's good for the spine development etc.? Also, it's the only place I can put him while doing ds1's bath / bedtime routine..
Anyone know? thanks!

ExplodingBananas Tue 25-Aug-09 20:31:29

I used mine loads for my refluxy baby, i don't see the problem, think it's just car seats that are bad for the spine?

sonsmum Tue 25-Aug-09 20:45:11

I don't think there is a limit...however can only offer advice from my experience....whenever i wasn't feeding, changing or cuddling my son, i had him in a bouncy chair, as did not want to use a bumbo, however after several months noticed that my sons head was being moulded by the bouncy chair....i.e. becoming very flat....and it's ironic as hadn't wanted to lie him on the floor on his back, apart from sleeping, for fear of him getting a flat head. He is now 2 (today in fact!) and head is still a bit flat at back though hair coverage masks it. With 2nd baby will not be using a bouncy chair for prolonged use if in fact i use one at all. Perhaps he was in the bouncy chair too long i don't know....but be aware that it can put pressure on the developing skull!

naturopath Tue 25-Aug-09 23:12:29

yes, I meant head as well as spine - wasn't sure if it was the same as carseat, and also ds1 had a flat head at the back, either from sleeping on his back or spending too long in that chair (or combination). Also somehwat corrected itself now he is two and hair masks it, but think it's still like that to some extent.

Then again, what else to do? Am using Baby Bjorn as well but not practicle all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now