Talk

Advanced search

Sticky eye/little bit of yellow discharge in newborn's eye, treat or leave alone?

(8 Posts)
StripeySuit Tue 25-Aug-09 11:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pasturesnew Tue 25-Aug-09 11:22:02

you can express a little breast milk onto it, that can be helpful.

colditz Tue 25-Aug-09 11:22:45

Squeeze some boob juice into it.

BornToFolk Tue 25-Aug-09 11:27:00

If it's really not going away, ask for some anti-biotic drops. DS had a sticky eye for weeks, and everyone kept saying it was a blocked duct and to clean with boiled water and breastmilk, which we did with no result.

Eventually, the GP presribed drops and it cleared up in a couple of days.

bubblagirl Tue 25-Aug-09 11:29:48

my ds had this for 6 mths it was blocked tear duct just wiped with warm water on cotton wool

it is normal for blocked duct to take months to clear as it says if not cleared after so much time then duct will need to be cleared opened what ever it was now was 4 yrs ago but after 6 mths roughly it cleared

Phoenix Tue 25-Aug-09 11:31:35

My ds2 is 6wks old and has this. Some days it completely goes then comes back. He had his 6wk check yesterday and the doctor took a swab to check if he needs antibiotics. He just said to clean it with cooled boiled water and cotton wool. Will get swab results tomorrow.

Orissiah Tue 25-Aug-09 11:42:32

My baby had this. We gently wiped her eye with clean cotton wool dunked in cooled pure camomile herbal tea several times a day and it cleared within days.

StripeySuit Tue 25-Aug-09 12:36:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now