Talk

Advanced search

Still waiting for Health Visitors first visit.....baby 20 days old!!!

(5 Posts)
Ryn Tue 25-Aug-09 10:47:15

Is it just me or is this plain WRONG!!!? It isnt even as if my case is straight forward. I was assaulted by my ex at 7 months pregnant where he kicked me in stomach! Was arrested/charged etc etc and is not babies father (is to my DD1 though- who witnessed the entire episode). I have waited 3 months for social services to contact me and was told to get health visitor to chase....... but we still havent seen health visitor due to staff shortages!!!

she was supposed to come today but is off sick.

We are coping fine etc but some new mums wont be and will be needing support and it annoys me that we are left to wait for so long.

No wonder they get a bad press.

Comments welcome

dinkystinky Tue 25-Aug-09 10:57:12

ds2 wasnt seen by one till he was 4 weeks old - they dont prioritise second timers. call and find out when you will see her - or go see a hv at your local baby clinic.

gingerbunny Tue 25-Aug-09 10:57:12

when were you discharged by your midwife?

Eveiebaby Tue 25-Aug-09 21:45:17

This is terrible - you should be seen the day after you are discharged from hospital - that used to be the policy in our area when I had my DD - although that was 3 years ago so not sure if policy is different now?

Eveiebaby Tue 25-Aug-09 21:49:06

Sorry think I got confused as it was three years ago! I seen the midwife day after I got discharged and over a ten day period after when she then handed over to the health visitor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now