Talk

Advanced search

Shoe advice for crawling baby

(12 Posts)
JBS75 Mon 24-Aug-09 14:08:44

DD (10 months) is about to start nursery and has just learnt to crawl. She had her first visit today and was crawling around outside both on concrete and play mats. The nursery assistant noticed that she had bare feet (she pulled her socks off immediately, as usual) and suggested that we get her some soft shoes, both to protect her feet and for if it's cold out.

Do we need to get her 'proper' shoes yet, or would something like this do?

hanaflowerhatestheDM Mon 24-Aug-09 14:11:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MmeLindt Mon 24-Aug-09 14:12:04

Don't buy proper shoes until she has been walking a couple of weeks. That is what my cousin told us, she is a trained childrens shoe fitter.

I would go for the wee soft shoes, Robeez I think they are called.

MmeLindt Mon 24-Aug-09 14:13:11

Robeez

I found that our DC found them harder to take off than other shoes.

pugsandseals Mon 24-Aug-09 14:13:16

Try Daisyroots! http://www.daisy-roots.com/
They are leather & breathable, but much more important is the fact that they are impossible for a small child to pull off grin. DD was 4 years old before she could get hers off & we continued to use them until she outgrew their size chart- perfect.

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 24-Aug-09 14:14:23

I think she'd probably try and pull those off too tbh... Generally leave off shoes for as long as poss. Think DS had a pair of soft leather shoes (shoo shoos are nice but pricey as hanaflower says) when he went to his CM at 1 yr, but only worn outside I think...

BornToFolk Mon 24-Aug-09 14:14:26

Shoo shoos are also good, like leather bootees really but tough enough to protect feet.

I found a website once that did them cheap...will see if I can find it again...

belgo Mon 24-Aug-09 14:15:04

Bobux are another good brand of soft leather slipper. The shoes you linked to are very unlikely to stay on.

hanaflowerhatestheDM Mon 24-Aug-09 14:16:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BornToFolk Mon 24-Aug-09 14:16:57

shoo shoos on sale

pugsandseals Mon 24-Aug-09 14:20:49

Looks like we've all found the same kind of thing, just in different places grin
They really do work don't they!

JBS75 Mon 24-Aug-09 16:28:13

Thanks for the replies everyone! Can't believe the prices of some of these shock but I suppose it's better to spend a bit extra if the cheap ones will get yanked off every five minutes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now