Talk

Advanced search

3 year old dribbling

(3 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 16:02:58

DD has always had an excessive amount of saliva. Ever since she was a baby. I never paid too much attention as I guessed it was normal.

Now she is 3, she still seems to suffer from an awful lot of it, and sometimes she has so much in her mouth she misses words and has to swallow before she can finish her sentence. She dribbles down her tops, and seems to have a constant wet chin.

Is this normal at this age or should it have dried up by now?

Its nothing significant, but I keep meaning to ask and never get around to it.

Sawyer64 Sun 23-Aug-09 16:10:10

No expert but my DD1 was a bit like this.I noticed in her case that her bottom lip seemed a little "slack".Not overly so,but nonetheless she didn't seem to purse her lips etc.

My friend is a Speech Therapist,and she said some DC's have this problem,and although it can be a symptom of other things,mostly its more "laziness".

She suggested that I do some exercises with such as Blowing Bubbles,Blowing up a Balloon and trying to blow it away,Blowing Kisses etc. anything realy that you can think of,that gets them to gain more control over their lips. HTH.smile

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 23-Aug-09 16:13:11

thanks sawyer. She speaks perfectly well, and sometimes I think she talks so much she forgets to swallow!

I shall try those exercises too, she loves blowing kisses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now