Talk

Advanced search

3 yo playing with her private parts.

(8 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 14-Aug-09 20:00:10

They are red and sore, right down to her anus. And she keeps sticking her fingers in her vagina. I do not know if she is sore because she is touching, or if she is touching because she is sore.

She wears a nappy at night, but it does not appear to be nappy rash. Can children get thrush? Could it be some other kind of infection?

thesecondcoming Fri 14-Aug-09 20:30:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

3littlefrogs Fri 14-Aug-09 20:31:25

Agree - most likely worms.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 14-Aug-09 20:40:50

Oh how would i know? hmm she has had loose poo over the last 2 days, an odd colour, but no worms that i saw. Not that i looked for them, but was observing the colour - clay coloured. would i notice them?

Where would she get them from? Cats are up to date, she is not at nursery atm...hmm.

how do i diagnose and then cure?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 14-Aug-09 20:42:29

and her backside although red, is no redder than the rest, in fact her girly parts appear to be more sore/itchy. Would worms not make around her anus sorer than the rest?

Woooozle100 Fri 14-Aug-09 20:44:19

can get thrush too

thrush can be mistaken for nappy rash - usually more distinct spots with thrush

take her to the gp. Be it thrush or worms it can be easily treated. And peace of mind if nowt

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 14-Aug-09 20:44:34

oh, you know what? she has been saying over the last couple days she has had a tummy ache, mainly at toilet time which coincides with bedtime so i thought she was pulling a sly one! oh dear, maybe she does blush

thesecondcoming Fri 14-Aug-09 21:10:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now