Talk

Advanced search

how to get DS (3) to use loo AND put trousers back on afterwards, before starting nursery

(5 Posts)
normanthehairdresser Thu 13-Aug-09 23:08:29

DS (3.3) is delightful but distractible when it comes to the boring stuff. He's been toilet trained for some time and will happily take himself to the loo, take trousers down and do the business. Trouble is that he then appears minus pants and trousers and has to be frogmarched back to loo and stood over while hands are washed and trousers reapplied.

This I can cope with at home, but he starts nursery school in 3 weeks. Toilets are adjacent to nursery space and the kids take themselves unless they ask for help. I doubt DS will do this as he's shy of strange adults.

I'd like to have a push in next few weeks to avoid him appearing trouserless in the middle of his nursery class on the first day! Can anyone offer tips on how to achieve this? I wondered if a star chart and/or bribery would be in order though I'm not a general fan.

Or should I just chill re the no-trousers scenario? They are a pretty relaxed sort of nursery and I have no doubt they would cope with it.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsCrap Thu 13-Aug-09 23:10:10

Hell, ds is 10 and he still does this. Chill!! He won't do this at nursery/school, just at home where he feels comfy.

TheCheeseAlarm Thu 13-Aug-09 23:17:39

DS2 did this at nursery on a regular basis. He also just used to strip off completely and streak for no apparent reason.

They just dressed him again and got on with it. I think they were secretly quite disappointed when he grew out of it; he was good at picking just the right moment to streak. I think he was nearly 4 when he stopped doing it at nursery.

He's 8 now and still usually appears stark naked after he's been to the loo at home, but manages to get dressed at school.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Fri 14-Aug-09 15:58:21

am very glad to hear i'm not the only one with a little loo streaker! was worrying ds will get in trouble at playgroup for not putting trousers back on again etc. but i'm sure they are used to this kind of thing!

pigletmania Fri 14-Aug-09 16:22:00

Dont worry, just tell his teachers at nursery and they will help him, soon he will learn to by himself especailly when she sees other children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now