Talk

Advanced search

First Haircut

(5 Posts)
calypsoblue Thu 13-Aug-09 23:00:45

At what age did your Ds have their first hair cut?,My Ds is 14 months has lovely golden curls about collar length ,which i love,My dh says his hair is to long and wants to shave the lot off, This has become a real bone of contention!may sound like a daft question but does babies hair always grow back curly after their first cut if their first growth was curly.

Dillydaydreamer Thu 13-Aug-09 23:18:31

No, my dds both have curly hair but dd1s is only wavey now since having it cut. Dd2 hasn't had hers cut yet grin Dd1 was about 2.5yo and hardly had any hair until then LOL.Depends on genetics really because not all hair goes straight iyswim.

shelleylou Thu 13-Aug-09 23:21:29

my ds is still waiting for ihs first haircut lol. He's 2.9! his is collar legnth and when wet covers his ears and neck lol. Having a little bit cut of soon to try and thicken it up but not much though

ttalloo Thu 13-Aug-09 23:26:33

My DS hasn't had a haircut yet, and he's nearly 2.6; he was practically bald until about the age of one, and his hair has only grown gradually since. Now he has lovely soft curls (down to his collar when wet) but because they don't make him look like a girl, and I worry that he'll be unrecognisable with a haircut, I'm going to hold on a bit longer before getting him pruned......

kw13 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:04:46

My DS had his first cut at 2.5 and it was really because it had gone all whispy and a bit girly. It was still really fine. I took him to a men's hairdressers (so not a barbers) and they were brilliant. They have loads of experience. He got his haircut and although shorter, it was the same length and neater. He looked brilliant. He did look suddenly older and much less baby-like but it was definitely the right thing to do. He saw it as something that big boys do. Is your DH suggesting that you cut it yourself? Can definitely recommend a professional. Can't answer the curly question I'm afraid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now