Talk

Advanced search

do i start potty training or is it too early....

(5 Posts)
sammynixon Thu 13-Aug-09 20:55:46

my dd is 2. im not sure whether to potty train her or not and how to start. my ds went on the potty really well. dd is proving more difficult..

Starbear Fri 14-Aug-09 12:02:46

Chill, I tried and tried with my Ds and just got wee all over the carpet. Ops! Now I don't remember how he finally did it. He is only just about to be 5 and I've forgotten already. What I do know I kept trying then giving up. I think keep it up for a couple weeks and if she not ready put the nappies back on. They rest for a month or two and try any. It's they only sane way to go.

Luxmum Fri 14-Aug-09 15:55:16

Lord above, no. Mine was 3, well into 3, before he showed any inclination. It petered on and off for ages, the turning point only being that his best friend wore Big Pants, and thus he then wanted to. NOW we have no issues, but I definately would not rush this before 3, at the VERY least..

nappyaddict Fri 14-Aug-09 16:13:09

I wouldn't bother unless she is actually asking to use the potty or the toilet. The only thing I would do is buy a potty and see if she wants to sit on it at bathtime, after meals or when you go to the toilet. That way when she is ready she will be used to going on it.

pigletmania Fri 14-Aug-09 16:18:28

oh thats good, I have tried to put my 2.5 year old dd into pants, nothing no interest, no saying wee or pooh. When i praised her about going for a wee and a pooh in potty(think its a fluke) she was not interested one jot. Just put her back in pants and wait for her to realise and tell me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now