Talk

Advanced search

3 month old DD gets very grumpy and cranky if........

(10 Posts)
LittleMissMummy Thu 13-Aug-09 13:39:23

.....she is awake for longer than 1hr 30 mins - 1hr 45 mins. This is from when she gets up until she goes to sleep at night, she will sleep for about 1hr 30 mins - 2hrs in between each feed (longer during the night).

Anybody else has kids who were the same? Not sure if she should be staying awake longer throughout the day or if she is just like her mummy and daddy and loves her sleep!?

Any thoughts are appreciated smile

muddleduck Thu 13-Aug-09 14:50:05

DS1 was like this.

sadly DS2 was not.

as long as she is otherwise well and happy I'd just put your feet up and enjoy the peace and quiet smile

DrCosyTiger Thu 13-Aug-09 21:21:15

Hi LMM,

Mine is like this too! She's nearly 5 months old and still has trouble staying awake for more than 2 hours at a time. In the morning, she's only awake for about an hour before she starts getting grumpy. It took me a long time to realise that when she cried, it was because she was over-tired. Before I cottoned on, I just thought she was a difficult baby. Life has improved immensely now I've realised this and pop her in the cot for a nap about 2 hours after she wakes up from the last one. Not sure how long this will last but for now I'm just enjoying this stage and you should too!

greensnail Thu 13-Aug-09 21:23:35

dd was like this until about 6 months - make the most of it

mumcah Fri 14-Aug-09 20:57:41

I think that's quite normal at 3 months.Gradually she'll be able to stay awake a bit longer.

Enloy the naps,put your feet up etc..

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 14-Aug-09 21:00:06

DS was like that at about 3mths. I just put him down for a sleep the moment he showed any signs.

He's now 6 mths old and can happily do 2 - 2 1/2 hrs awake without any problems.

LittleMissMummy Sun 16-Aug-09 21:21:21

Hi all, thanks very much for the replies!!

DrCosyTiger - yeah it took me a while to realise this too. She would cry and nothing would settle her until I figured out she was just tired!

Im sure she'll be up and about for a lot longer soon enough so your all right, I should just make the most of it! grin

ilovemyoboe Sun 16-Aug-09 21:26:34

My 3.5month old is like this too. Perfectly normal. Just make sure the daytime naps aren't too much longer than that and that she doesn't sleep through feeds, and it's fine.

wilkos Sun 16-Aug-09 21:30:42

oh god, enjoy it. my dd used to be awake for 12 hours a day from birth

[shudder]

LittleMissMummy Wed 19-Aug-09 21:33:47

thanks for all the replies!

oh wilkos that must have been so tough - I dont know if I would be able to entertain DD for 12hrs straight!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now