Talk

Advanced search

Could this be why his sleep has been so badly affected? or is he just bieng a toddler in a big boy's bed?

(4 Posts)
CandiCands Thu 13-Aug-09 11:49:34

My son is 23 months. He is generally a good sleeper - in bed by 7pm and wakes around 6:15/6:30am. For the past 4 weeks his sleep has been out of routine - going to bed at 7pm, waking at 10:30am, then again around 12'ish, 4:30'ish and then up from 5:30am!!! He does not cry and he has no temperature but he will walk into our room, on each occassion he has woken up. Her also asks for a bottle. We simply say to him "It's bedtime" and walk him back to his bed. This happens for each wake up and we tend to walk him back to his room about 4 times before he goes off to sleep. He drools like an open tap during the day and two days ago, I noticed his 2nd back molar had cut through - are the back molars the cause for him waking up and getting out of bed regularly these past few weeks or is he just being a toddler in a big boys bed and simply get out of bed for the hell of it? I am a heavily 22 week pregnant mum and this night time routine is killing me - I am shattered! He eats well during the day but still wakes up asking for milk...is this due to his teething or has he got into a bad sleeping habit?

CandiCands Fri 14-Aug-09 10:52:04

No-one ever experienced this before? Mmm...

Sheeta Fri 14-Aug-09 10:55:06

have you tried calpol/neurofen during the night wakings? DS is 21mo now and used to cry a lot when teething, so we knew he was in pain - he seems to cope with it better, but it still wakes him up.

CandiCands Fri 14-Aug-09 11:03:03

Yup tried the drugs He doesn't cry every night though, just wakes up and asks for a bottle (which I take as him being thirsty from drooling so much). He cried last night though so gave him some neurofen. Only give him drugs when he cries, which means pain. He was still up twice and both times came into our room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now