Talk

Advanced search

2yo spitting driving me insane - help

(4 Posts)
MegBusset Wed 12-Aug-09 17:59:48

DS1 (2.6) has discovered spitting. It started as an impression of the Problem Blob off Numberjacks and now he does it all the blardy time - and has started doing it in people's faces. It is driving me up the wall - I tell him off and move him but he keeps doing it.

Any ideas??

whomovedmychocolate Wed 12-Aug-09 20:59:19

You know what I'm going to say don't you:

ignore, ignore, ignore!

Obviously if he's doing it to other people remove him from the situation immediately but then don't say anything to him just a firm 'that's not nice' is enough and then to be removed from the fun time he's having. Preferably to look at something dull like the back of the drivers seat because you've taken him home.

DD 2.10 has taught DS 1, this week to scream in a very high pitched voice. They do it in stereo - incessantly. So I do feel your pain. I'm concentrating on ignoring it and downing painkillers for the headache hmm

MegBusset Wed 12-Aug-09 21:26:21

Thanks WMMC. If he's doing it at e.g. a friend's house or playgroup, where I don't want to leave because I'm midway through a cup of gin coffee or something, do you think it's OK to put him in the buggy for a minute until he calms down? (It generally is worse when he's massively overexcited)

whomovedmychocolate Wed 12-Aug-09 22:01:55

Oh absolutely. Particularly if it's very dull and has no toys attached. Remember time outs at this age are equal to their age in years (so in his case two minutes is all that's required). But you do have to be consistent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now