Talk

Advanced search

6 mth old doesnt seem herself... grunts and goes red....????

(8 Posts)
waskywax Tue 11-Aug-09 18:51:28

Our 6 month old girl has recently seemed much less content than normal, she often makes loud grunty noises and goes red, looks like she is straining but nappy is always clean. She is also much more shouty/schreechy/cry-ey than normal. Could this be just some developmental stage or might something specific be upsetting her? We have just changed her formula, could it be that?

I thought it was possibly boredom/frustration but I'm not sure now....

Any ideas???

ilove Tue 11-Aug-09 18:52:33

If it coincides with the change in formula she is probably constipated

kalo12 Tue 11-Aug-09 18:52:53

sounds like a bit of indigestion. you could try flax seed oil

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 11-Aug-09 18:53:19

Is she constipated? How many dirty nappies has she had over the past few days? Were the poops runny/soft/hard/normal?

waskywax Tue 11-Aug-09 18:59:52

First poop after change of formula was quite hard but we have had a mixture since. Its hard to tell as she has never been a very regular baby with regards to poop. Maybe we should just change the formula back. We have also been weaning, perhaps something there has disagreed with her too?

I'd be very happy if it was something I could fix rather than the start of a "difficult" developmental stage!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 11-Aug-09 19:06:36

How many times a day is she needing a change?

waskywax Tue 11-Aug-09 19:13:47

Didnt poop for 2 days then did 2 yesterday and another this morning. Which is actually quite usual for her, pooping twice a day is much more unusual than missing a day. SHe has gone 3 days before without a poop without any signs of irritation.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Tue 11-Aug-09 19:22:29

I would say she's constipated. It's probably a little harder for her to get rid of because of the change in milk. You are probably best off checking this with your HV. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now