Talk

Advanced search

Potty refusenik

(4 Posts)
NoBiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 11:01:53

DD2 is 3 in less than a month. I'm trying to get her out of nappies, but she refuses to sit on the potty or toilet. She's been offered sweets/treats, a sticker chart, pants of her choice...

The pants stay on for a matter of minutes before she takes them off and flings them, she wees on the floor then wants her nappy back.

When she has a nappy on she won't let me change it, even when it's skimming the carpet, or full of poo. It's a real fight to get it off her and get her cleaned up.

Should I leave it a bit?

She starts preschool in September, I had hoped she'd be sorted by then.

bigchris Tue 11-Aug-09 11:03:52

I would leave it and then when she starts preschool hopefully she will want to be the same as the other little girls in pants

NoBiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 11:24:03

Yes, I wondered if we'd see that effect.

Frauseibolt Wed 19-Aug-09 21:55:26

My DS has never used a potty and for a long time would go hysterical if we tried to get him to sit on the potty or loo. In the end DH got him to sit on his Thomas seat fully clothed while it was on a stool. Once he realised he couldn't fall in he agreed to sit on it on the toilet, but I waited until he was nearly 3 1/2. In the end we decided to go for broke and he was clean and dry in 4 days, but we had to ditch the pull ups because he would just wee in them as if they were a nappy. There's no point in banging your head off a brick wall if she's not ready. Just ignore the other supermums who say their kids were potty trained by 2 or whatever. They all get there in the end, and for us waiting until he was ready made it a completely painless experience.
Just make potty training a non issue for a couple of months. Besides, at pre-school they're only there for about 3 hours anyway, at my son's pre-school they're totally relaxed about nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now