Talk

Advanced search

Fighting boys

(4 Posts)
redhotredhead Mon 10-Aug-09 13:43:17

I have 6 yo twin boys. They are driving me crazy. (I do have PMT and will have for another 2/3 dayswink). They fight constantly. Can't seem to stop. Starts as playing with lots of laughter but inevitably gets out of control till one is in tears. They seem to need to do it . I can't bear it - it's like nails down a blackboard. Have banned them from doing it in same room as me but still it goes on. Someone please explain to me why they do it and how I can deal with it.

rosiest Mon 10-Aug-09 15:19:20

I sympathise with you, I have 3 boys and ds1 and ds2 go quickly from playing to physically fighting and it drives me mad. Only thing I can suggest is reward charts - they work a little bit. God knows why they do it!

DottyDot Mon 10-Aug-09 15:22:03

7 and 5 year old ds's here and it's exactly the same - they're like puppies constantly play fighting which turns into real fighting and tears...

I tend to get the 7 year old (and I appreciate it's more difficult when you've got twins! grin) to come and stand right by me and follow me around for a few minutes. I don't shout at him or tell either of them off, but just make him be my shadow for a short while.

Other than that it's star charts with stars liberally awarded when they've done anything half decently kind with each other... hmm

lu9months Mon 10-Aug-09 15:32:04

my 7 and 4 year old boys are exactly the same. they are better if I get them out of the house for a run around. also, if they manage to find a joint activity that absorbs them both. but sometimes at the weekends we just split them up and each take one out without the other, it is the only way to keep sane! they seem better if they have one to one time with each of us, less attention seeking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now