Talk

Advanced search

how do I stop 2yr dd messing up ds 5yr creative making things

(9 Posts)
esc8 Sun 09-Aug-09 19:55:49

When my ds sits to create something, sticking and glueing and all that, my dd climbs on the table and trashes the lot! when dad is not around I find it difficult to control and keep her away and stopping his creative flow!
how do others deal with this type of thing? x

juuule Sun 09-Aug-09 19:56:51

How old?

K999 Sun 09-Aug-09 19:59:26

let them join in? my dd2 is 2 and she sits with her sister (9) at the table and paints and glues etc....if they have their own picture to do they wont be interested in what their sibling is doing...smile

esc8 Mon 10-Aug-09 12:53:14

I just find it difficult if I cannot supervise while I am houseworking or something, I dont seem to be able to occupy dd 2yr old and stop her from climbing on the table and chucking his stuff on the floor! she has a short attention time at the moment... roll on term time! x

FlamingoBingo Mon 10-Aug-09 12:55:52

Don't do the housework? Save it for when your DCs are involved in other things that don't need so much supervision. Get out something very similar for you to do alongside with DD - so if DS is painting, get out paints for DD as well. If DS is doing junk modelling, sit down and help DD with glueing/sellotaping etc.

Talk to DS about doing his creative stuff when you have time to help out.

But housework will wait - your children won't.

juuule Mon 10-Aug-09 12:57:21

Why not get the housework done that needs doing and then set an hour aside for craft. You make something with your 2yo and keep her distracted and if it looks as though she's intent on messing, take her off to do something else for the rest of the hour. After the hour(or thereabouts) put craft away for another day.

Or

Set up the craft stuff in a room that dd isn't allowed into while your ds is creating.
Maybe the kitchen table for the craft and dd and you in the living room with something else (dvd, book, game).

trefusis Mon 10-Aug-09 12:59:23

Message withdrawn

esc8 Mon 10-Aug-09 17:01:41

Thanks so much - its reinforsed just how I must be more organised with my/there time and not stress about the other things. Sit with them more. the more I spend with them dd will learn how to do her own creations, eventually on her own too!
xx

trefusis Mon 10-Aug-09 17:08:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now