Talk

Advanced search

daytime naps - advice reassurance

(2 Posts)
kittymch Sun 09-Aug-09 12:45:24

Just looking for a bit of reassurance really - DD is 15 weeks and a great sleeper during the night, no problem going down and sleeps from 9 to 7 with one feed, and sometimes straight through.

The issue is that she always fights daytime naps and gets really cranky. I'm trying to adopt the 'feed, activity, sleep' routine and also make sure she's in something that will encourage sleep no longer than 2 hours after she has last woken up (pram/sling/car). This sometimes works and I can see she is altogether cheerier if she can get a regular 30/45 min sleep.

I don't really want to get into any kind of stricter routine at this stage, so am hoping to hear about others experiences - is this something that too will pass, and will she eventually fall asleep during the day without major parental intervention? (I think you can tell what I'm hoping to hear wink)

jumpyjan Sun 09-Aug-09 12:52:56

I have a 14 week DS and it seems to be different every day. Generally he has a mini nap in the morning around 9, then a long nap after the 10 ish feed sometimes right up to the next feed (3hrs approx) and then will cat nap on and off in the afternoon. Sometimes he needs to be encouraged to go to sleep as he will get over tired and fight it othertimes he will drop off happily.

Mostly I don't put him down for a nap as its too difficult with a toddler as we are often out and about so its a case of him dozing off in pram.

They are all different - I had to be really strict with DD's naps and actually put her in her cot as she would always fight sleep and would never doze off. I think its all down to their personalities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now