Talk

Advanced search

If mumsnet ruled the world...

(14 Posts)
toothfairy999 Fri 07-Aug-09 19:56:51

There would be no loud announcements in lifts ("doors closing") that wake up my soundly sleeping baby..

Boots would mend their sodding lift so that I can get upstairs to the baby section..

Car seats would swivel outwards so that I could put my baby in my car without breaking my back...

All high chairs would be like the ones in Pizza Express, rather than the ridiculous seat attachments in the likes of Starbucks..

Buggies would be collapsible (and put-up-able) one handed...

Activities like Monkey Music etc would take place at weekends, not just weekdays so working Mums and Dads have something nice to look forward to..

The gents should have a baby change AS WELL AS THE LADIES...

Anyone got anything to add??

TurtleAnn Fri 07-Aug-09 22:23:13

All tube stations would be accessible by buggies

All buses would be set up for mothers and babies and I wouldn't have to get off if someone in a wheelchair gets on - because there would be enough space!

TurtleAnn Fri 07-Aug-09 22:24:11

Every park would have clean toilets and changing facilities

TurtleAnn Fri 07-Aug-09 22:25:33

The post office would be staffed by Mums working during school hours, and more than 1 of them would be operating the counters

TurtleAnn Fri 07-Aug-09 22:27:41

Oh and something about shopping baskets and buggies - just exactly how do people do their shopping
Where does the shopping basket fit on the buggy?

OK, bedtime for me

IsItMeOr Fri 07-Aug-09 22:28:26

Good thread!

Motorbikes and cars would be no louder than absolutely necessary so that they didn't roar past and wake up my baby just as he has nodded off.

Nobody would ever be unreasonable, or at least, not for long grin.

woodenchair Fri 07-Aug-09 22:30:48

wine drinking would be involved in most evening decisions.

smellyeli Fri 07-Aug-09 22:33:23

There would be a law against tutting.

Trains would have special carriages for travelling with children, with floor space to play on and a box of toys and books, plus a toilet you can move in.

DP's would hear babies when they wake in the night rather than announcing how well they'd slept the next morning.

Older people would have invisible force fields round them to prevent toddlers on scooters from knocking them over.

(Ooops, got carried away - shall we have some fantasy ones too?)

TheCrackFox Fri 07-Aug-09 22:34:29

It would be mandatory for all toys/childrens clothes/baby stuff to be on the grounds floor.

Maternity pay would be 100% for 3 yrs.

Breast pads would be free on the NHS

OrmIrian Fri 07-Aug-09 22:42:09

I suspect OP that you still have LOs?

For the sake of balance my rules would be as follows:

1. No-one who is a parent is permitted to have a cats-arse mouth at teenagers. You will all be there one day and whatever you think most teens are not nasty drug-taking violent thugs.

2. A 6/7yr old is not to be tutted at by PFB parents of 'ickle 2 yr olds on pain of having tutting muscles removed.

3. P&T parking spaces are to be phased out. They are nasty and divisive and it usually ends in tears.

4. Bfing is to be permitted everywhere and anyone who sniffs/tuts/looks disgusted will be shot.

5. Over-fretting as a parent is to be discouraged. It is not good to teach your child that the world is a scary place and most people can't be trusted.

toothfairy999 Sat 08-Aug-09 12:16:26

And my mother would be banned from starting sentences with 'We didn't used to have silly rules about car seats/ sleeping on backs..' etc etc

TurtleAnn Sat 08-Aug-09 18:22:50

Cow & Gate would be forced to produce enough baby formula and there would never be a 'supply issue'

Every cafe would allow baby feeding (BF/FF) and not keep looking at you as if to say 'You've eaten your meal now pay and sod off'

monkeypinkmonkey Sat 08-Aug-09 18:49:57

Baby seats would have straps that clip into the bottom catch indiviually so I don't have to fanny around getting both together then in.

TurtleAnn Sat 08-Aug-09 22:05:44

Dog owners that don't train their dogs and let them run wildly round parks when there are babies crawling on playmats, would be put down and their dogs sent to caring homes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now