Talk

Advanced search

Is this teething or still tummy bug?

(7 Posts)
lupinjess Fri 07-Aug-09 14:58:06

13month okd dd2 had one night of vomiting last thursday and two loose nappies on friday morning. Since then she has been refusing practically all solid food. Drinking milk on and off and water as usual but spits out everything else. Her poo is very pale yellow but not diarhoea.
She is also very grumpy.
Is this still a bug or teething??

Wigeon Fri 07-Aug-09 15:09:08

I'm pretty sure that it's a myth that that kind of thing is related to teething. Sounds like a tummy bug to me. Hope she's ok (I also have a 13 month DD).

singalongamumum Fri 07-Aug-09 15:13:11

could be either tbh, sometimes it takes them ages to get over tummy bugs, but also teething can mess their tummies up. have you tired giving small amounts of sugar? After sickness, it can help the stomach heal itself (apparently!). After illness is about the only time DS is allowed chocolate and it seems to help!

lupinjess Fri 07-Aug-09 15:21:45

she definately did have a bug last week cos I had it too but she's had no sickness or diarhoea for 6 days. She has 2 teeth almost through and also had her MMr 10 days ago. maybe all added up just too much for her. How long can she go with jusy water and occasional milk??

singalongamumum Fri 07-Aug-09 16:22:48

Oh well, MMR symptoms often start ten days after the jab, so it might be that. I'm not sure how long you should leave it TBH- maybe you could phone NHS direct for advice?

lupinjess Fri 07-Aug-09 16:48:57

She suddenly seems awfully keen on blueberries! Think she'd like to eat the whole punnet. Maybe just a few though as don't want a repeat of last weeks nappies.
A friend has just brought round some teething powders which she swears by so I'll give that a go and see what happens.

singalongamumum Sat 08-Aug-09 14:08:19

Oh bless her- hopefully that's a sign she's on the road to recovery- how is she today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now