Talk

Advanced search

How do you keep shoes on your child?

(10 Posts)
wondergirl99 Thu 06-Aug-09 20:15:40

DD is 14 months old and has been walking for a while now, she walks barefoot around the house but wears shoes when we leave the house. But as soon as we are out the door off come the shoes its the same everytime and i have lost track of the amount of times ive had to retrace out footsteps looking for odd shoe, and who invented bloody velcro shoes that they can rip off anyway? angry
Any ideas?

cookielove Thu 06-Aug-09 20:19:22

why don't you get shoes that have a buckle

like these

or these

GrimmaTheNome Thu 06-Aug-09 20:21:27

Try to find lace-up boot style ones next. Should be some come autumn I'd have thought.
Double-knot, of course!

Velcro is great when they are old enough that you want them to be able to put shoes on and off.

AnarchyAunt Thu 06-Aug-09 20:24:58

I know the answer to ths but it only works if you put them in trousers.

Put the shoes on a bit of elastic like mittens. Thread up one leg, down the other, and hey presto! Shoes dangle when they get pulled off.

cookielove Thu 06-Aug-09 20:27:45

that is genius AnarchyAunt, will remember that

AnarchyAunt Thu 06-Aug-09 20:31:57

People used to laugh at baby DD when she was having a strop and trying to throw her shoes away when sat in the buggy. They'd get so far and ping back grin

knickerlass Thu 06-Aug-09 20:32:41

God my DD was terrible for this. She's a bit better now.

I found shoes with buckles were harder for her to get off. But it's quite hard finding shoes with buckles as they all seem to be velco these days.

Crablass Fri 07-Aug-09 12:51:30

When our 8 year old kicked his shoes off one too many times, this time when he was on the swings in the park I calmly picked them up and threw them over the park to land beside the bin and walked away.

"What did you do THAT for"
"Well, you obviously don't want your shoes, I'm putting them in the bin"

"But, but, they're my SHOES!"

"Well if you want them, go and get them, and put them on and keep them on"

Cue grumbling child padding across the playground in his socks to retrieve shoes.

It's never happened again. smile

AnarchyAunt Fri 07-Aug-09 12:53:55

Wouldn't work on a baby though grin

Crablass Fri 07-Aug-09 14:19:16

I love the elastic idea. I'm guessing you'd have to make sure the elastic was long enough otherwise the poor child would have trouble straightening their legs! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now