Talk

Advanced search

dd pretends baby in my tummy has already arrived..

(5 Posts)
cocoliver Tue 24-May-05 22:02:07

Just wondered if this is a positive or negative sign. I am 33 weeks and so my three year 3 month old can tell there is something in my tummy. We have 'named' him and she has now started to pretend he is in the bath with them or in the car etc. Or she talks to him and offers him food and drink etc. Since this is coupled with her being a bit more aggressive generally (although she has had a horrid virus/ear infection which has taken a while to clear up)I am worried that she is reacting to his arrival before he even gets here. She has a nearly 2 year old brother who she was never jealous of at all. She is not horrid about him but he is becoming quite real to her I think...do you think this is a bad thing - or is it totally normal?

highlander Tue 24-May-05 22:15:35

normal at that age isn't it?

my niece decided to upsurge her mum when baby brother arrived............. by having 101 imaginary Dalamation puppies

She must have heard mum moaning that she was struggling to cope with 2 kids as she announced one morning that she couldn't cope with so many puppies and could dad please take half of them to work. Still PMSL, and it was 5 years ago!!

hoxtonchick Tue 24-May-05 22:17:19

spooky, i am 33 weeks with a 3.3 year old too. he's very excited about the imminent birth of his sister, likes to sit stroking my tummy. she's also been talking to him apparently - when she's born she wants to go straight to the transport museum! he also talks a lot about what life will be like when she's born, what we'll do, & which of his toys she can play with. i think it's entirely normal to talk about what they think is going to happen. i really hope he's as happy when she's born!

hoxtonchick Tue 24-May-05 22:17:43

oh yeah, & ds has 3 babies in his tummy....

trinityrocks Tue 24-May-05 22:54:55

I love the puupy thing when I was heaviky pregnant my 5 yr dd had six mice and a baby in her tummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now