Talk

Advanced search

Ds1 has very strange teeth. What is normal - can someone tell me please!

(7 Posts)
FlightHattendant Wed 05-Aug-09 15:16:16

He is just 6,

he's just starting to lose his first two at the front, and the grown up teeth are pushing through behind the wobbly ones - strange thing #1. Is he going to have massive gums in front of them or do they sort of 'move' after the little ones have fallen out? (been wobbly for about 6 weeks now!!!)

Strange thing #2, is that while I was having a look, I decided to look at his back teeth and see how many he had (waiting for ds2's to come in atm, so wondered whether we have many to go!)

anyway it is v v odd. On the left, he has got two 'thick' teeth (molar/whatever) plus a little point of a tooth trying to poke through behind them. I don't know if this is a grown up tooth coming in or a baby tooth? But he is 6!

And on the right side, he has already got 3 thick teeth and a FOURTH is trying to poke through, just showing the tips of it iyswim.

I am completely confused now and can't find any diagrams of what he ought to have.

Can anyone sort this out for me please?
smile

risingstar Wed 05-Aug-09 15:38:23

dont know about the back, but the front ones sound normal. dd1 had this and now has perfect straight teeth( strange as me and dh have bugs bunny teeth!)

lucymum2four Wed 05-Aug-09 17:18:53

DD has a tooth apearing at the back too. she is (nearly) 6..
I hadnt noticed it,the dentist pointed it out to me.
and the front teeth sound find fine as when the wobbly ones do fall out the new teeth should just move into place of baby ones..X

LIZS Wed 05-Aug-09 17:22:33

Normal for adult teeth to appear behind milk ones and they do come forwards in time. Also normal to get a new set of molars (6 year molars) about this age.

squilly Wed 05-Aug-09 17:29:03

DD is 8 and has protruding front teeth with a large gap between the two main teeth at the front. She's got nice sized teeth, but they're not coming in straight at all.

I have heard that braces aren't given in the UK til kids are 11 or so and even then are mostly not funded by the NHS.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a miracle occurs and they just suddenly become Osmond-like grin

LargeGlassofRed Wed 05-Aug-09 17:30:08

dd2 has this looks really funny, her baby teeth and big teeth directly behind them. We are calling her shark teeth lol smile

FlightHattendant Wed 05-Aug-09 18:21:36

Thanks ladies, I will stop fretting smile

Thought I might actually have to contact his f*ther if things weren't entirely normal, not a clue about family dental history!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now