Talk

Advanced search

Why is my 2.5yr old removing his nappy and how do I stop him..?

(13 Posts)
shhhh Wed 05-Aug-09 13:50:02

Usually does it before I get into him in the morning, or after his afternoon nap or even when in his cot playing while I dress on a morning...

Its so frustrating as I know I will get in there one day and there will be poo/wee everywhere..angry.

I think ds is ready for potty training but he has a bowel disorder and im a bit worried starting for my own sanity..BUT I will start in sept when dd starts big school..

Now how do I stop the nappy issue and why does he do it..? Even when in there while I shower and his nappy is clean he removes it saying poo or wee nappy when really it isn't iykwim...

Its driving me mad...my one success atm is to place him in a baby vest BUT its quite humid atm for this..although it gives good results..!

He is constantly stripping hmm and can remove his gro bag hmm.

Come on ideas please before I loose it...!

posieparkerinChina Wed 05-Aug-09 13:52:19

MMMM..can you get up a little earlier? I would potty train now, whilst it's raining and you're stuck in the house. He obviously doesn't want to wear a nappy I would take this as a real window of opportunity.

VinegarTits Wed 05-Aug-09 13:53:32

I think he is telling you that you need to start potty training now, not in Sept, he is telling you he is ready now, not ready when you are

Seeline Wed 05-Aug-09 13:56:05

Yep - find a potty and start now.

choppychopster Wed 05-Aug-09 13:59:46

Another vote for potty training him now.

DD started doing the same thing around the time she turned two. We started leaving the potty around in case she wanted to go and she started using it. Very few accidents and she was pretty reliable within two weeks.

She still strips off constantly though... hmm

shhhh Wed 05-Aug-09 14:10:51

oh flip.....potty...............sad.

Really...I soooooooooooooo wanted more time..sad.

I did try him last week, only half a day mind and accidents galore but really wanted to leave it till dd at school and I can dedicate the days to him alone....

I guess I can get up earlier BUT his wake up times vary so may not always catch him in time..in the afternoons I find that if he wakes he keeps quite so I have no idea when he is up or what he's doing grin.

Right ok, ok.....no choice I guess...

nappyaddict Wed 05-Aug-09 14:12:08

DS (3) still wears a vest with poppers to stop this from happening.

SnowBunny1 Wed 05-Aug-09 14:19:21

I potty trained my DD at 18months as she was doing the same thing. Gina Ford Potty Train in 7 days was good to follow, gave good advice to real scenarios too. DD was dry at night by 2 too. Just a few days of scraping up crap and it will all be worth it.

Good luck smile

shhhh Wed 05-Aug-09 14:23:32

I so hope so snowbunny...

I have no idea how people with a nig gap between their lo's manage as I have no idea what I did with dd and theres 18mth between her and ds...hmm. I know I did it but how..hmm.

Mintyy Wed 05-Aug-09 14:26:35

Leave him bare below the waist. It may not be gloriously sunny but at least it isn't cold. Somehow having no pants on seems to help. It might only take a couple of days grin.

shhhh Wed 05-Aug-09 14:47:06

dh did that on sun minty...I was out and suggested he put underpants on him...

I found a puddle at 7pm that night..hmmgrin

so you suggest no pant to pants..? do I keep offering the potty.? how often..?

Mintyy Wed 05-Aug-09 15:03:26

Every hour say "its time for a sit on the potty now" and go with. Don't ask, say it IS time.

Every time a wee or a poo ends up in the potty give one small chocolate button and a smile and a "clever boy" - but not ott tons and heaps of praise.

Keep the pants off for two or three days. .

If you need to pop out go immediately after a big wee or poo, take potty with you, put old shorts on over bare bottom, and old towel in seat of buggy or car seat.

Mintyy Wed 05-Aug-09 15:04:17

Have a potty upstairs and a potty downstairs.

Tell ds that he can come and tell you when he needs to go and you will go with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now