Talk

Advanced search

DD Still Wet At Night Advive Please

(5 Posts)
Lupins71 Wed 05-Aug-09 07:19:29

She will be 7 next month as is still wet every night apart from the odd occasion - is this normal?

I have tried a few times for a few months at a time with the getting her up at 10/ 11 pm and it was about half and half as to whether she would be dry or not in the morning

Any advice greatly recieved

seeker Wed 05-Aug-09 07:32:31

Have you looked at ERIC? There's lots of useful stuff there. Hope it helps.

Lupins71 Wed 05-Aug-09 07:49:27

Just had a look, very helpful thanks x

deaddei Wed 05-Aug-09 13:57:42

my ds was still doing it at 7- we went to the eurynesis clinic (referred by dr). Woman was brilliant- we did a big chart for him, and also she explained very clearly to him that bladder is a muscle which needs exercising or it will not work properly.
He had to do 2 wees before bed- and repeat "I am boss of my bladder!".
Within 3 weeks, he was only wetting twice a week instead of every night, and within 3 months was dry.
He very rarely has accidents now- usually when he's been reading later at night, and forgets to go to the loo- he's now 10. We still use pullups occasionally if on ho;iday, as I can't be arsed to wash sheets etc.
But it will happen eventually!!!!
Good luck!!

Lupins71 Wed 05-Aug-09 20:55:03

Fab news, we have picked up quite a few tips with the ERIC website and reading on here I feel pretty ready to tackle it yet again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now