Talk

Advanced search

help - phobia and school uniform problem

(10 Posts)
SuzysZoo Mon 03-Aug-09 11:15:33

My six year old son has a button phobia (yes, I know it is weird - he has had it since 1 year old). Anyway, last year I was able to buy him polo shirts from M & S that had zips (in white). I know that Adams also sold them. Anyway, this year - disaster, M & S seem not to be selling them and I am not sure about Adams. Does anyone know where I can get these otherwise I am in big trouble as I don't know how I will get DS to wear school uniform.
Thanks!

CountessDracula Mon 03-Aug-09 11:16:43

Can't you just take the buttons off the ones with button on
you can always sew up the bottom one or two so they are not flapping about as long as there is a big enough hole for his head

LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 03-Aug-09 11:19:56

I agree with CD. My children never do up the buttons on their polos anyway. I would cut them off and just sew up the first inch or two of the gap.

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 11:49:25

not weird at all

agree with snipping the buttons off a polo shirt

there is another thread running atm re button-free blouses for a 10yo girl (v hard)

SuzysZoo Mon 03-Aug-09 12:40:24

Hi - thanks for your replies. Yes - I could snip the buttons off but the zip ones are preferable, if anyone knows where to get?

HappyMummyOfOne Mon 03-Aug-09 14:26:59

Next have a twin pack of white polo shirts with zips rather than buttons - school wear is not usually in store but can be ordered off the website.

SuzysZoo Tue 04-Aug-09 11:57:52

I'll check at Next - big thank you!!!!!!

Unicorn1521 Wed 05-Aug-09 23:20:16

My 4 year old DS also has button phobia and has had it since he was about a year old. Starts school in September so was worried about the polo shirts as well. Can't believe I did not think of taking buttons off..duuu
thanks for the idea

cornsillk Wed 05-Aug-09 23:23:04

Can you afford to visit a tailor/dressmaker who can adjust them for you? Perhaps sew in a zip? Do you know anyonee who is good with a sewing machine?

seeker Wed 05-Aug-09 23:34:46

Cut the buttons off. Why are the zip ones preferable?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: