Talk

Advanced search

3 year development review - is this normal practice?

(6 Posts)
Ceebee74 Sun 02-Aug-09 16:57:39

I received a letter yesterday from my HV team to say they want to come and visit to do DS1's 3-year development review - I thought the final review they did was the 2-year one.

I also received a questionnaire a couple of weeks ago asking me to confirm I had no concerns about DS1's behaviour and tick to say he could do a whole list of things - which I did. Now I did mention in there that we were struggling to potty train him (now sorted) so wondering if they want to visit to discuss that and are pinning it on a development review.

Is a 3-year development normal practice in other areas?

Ironically I am still waiting for an appointment for my DS2's 8-month review - he is now 8 1/2 months old hmm

purepurple Sun 02-Aug-09 17:01:22

3 year checks are commonplace
though i know of some people who haven't had the visit, just the check list thing that you mentioned
and they don't always happen when they reach 3, it could be anytime between turning 3 and nearing 4

neolara Sun 02-Aug-09 17:03:02

I'm in Cambridge and we have a 3 year review, but not a 2 year review. Here, I think it is primarily to look for signs of autism but is also a good opportunity to get to talk to a HV about anything we're worried about e.g. potty training, weight gain etc.

MrsOlf Sun 02-Aug-09 22:51:21

I'm in Berkshire and they do a 2 year one (and not for everyone it seems) but not a 3 year one anymore. hmm

DidEinsteinsMum Sun 02-Aug-09 22:58:02

I was in cambridgeshire and we had a 2yr review moved when ds was 2y10mth and had another 2ish year review. I have just queried the preschool review and was told:

It varies from area to area and from one point in time to another (makes that little red book a bit redundant) and we will not get a preschool review. But should have a new student review but that might not happen until late in the summer term hmm

The H/v mentioned something about a report and check points to see that child ok. As for looking for austism that is a load of bull as I have been trying to get a diagnosis since ds was 18mth and they dont diagnosis til over 5 or if they do you really have to fight for it or it be very severely affecting the child.

DidEinsteinsMum Sun 02-Aug-09 22:59:07

Sorry have had a bad time and feeling a bit bitter no offence meant to anyone blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now