Talk

Advanced search

Would you take her to school or keep her home?........

(4 Posts)
swiperfox Tue 24-May-05 09:40:53

We were meant to move last Friday so oin Thursday, DD (3.5) had her last day at playgroup. She took in sweets and thank you cards etc. The move got delayed and the teacher said I can bring her in as normal this week. However, she has also had to give her cats away this week, all her stuff is packed away in boxes and I think it's getting to her a bit as she has started to wet her bed.

My dilemma is, do i take her to school so she can see all her friends and I can get things done at home? I'm worried that it's going to confuse her even more by having told her it was her last day then sending her back and then moving next week! I've asked her if she wants to go and one minute she says yes, the next she says no!

shimmy21 Tue 24-May-05 09:47:50

If its going to help you to get things done and dd is getting bored at home I'd say yes. Your dd is old enough to understand that she is still going to leave but there is time for a few last plays with her friends.

Just my idea. How long is your move delayed?

swiperfox Tue 24-May-05 09:51:21

All being well should be going tuesday or thursday next week - so not long. Plus it's half term next week so it would only be today and thursday that she would go to school

Lonelymum Tue 24-May-05 10:08:28

As someone who has just uprooted her four children, three of whom are at school and attended between them cubs, beavers, ballet and swimming lessons, I know how traumatic this is. I would say it was probably better for her not to go back to playgroup, but if you think it will help you, I don't think it will upset her anymore than she is going to be upset anyway.

I just wanted to say that I am sure she will soon be very happy where you are going. We have moved four times with children and the younger they are, the easier they adapt. Following our recent move, my 5 yo was seemingly settled within about a week of starting her new school. The one who adapted least easily still only took about half a term.

Good luck with the move!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now