Talk

Advanced search

4.5 year olds tantrums that are breaking the family down

(4 Posts)
leas Thu 30-Jul-09 21:47:52

We have a son who is 4 and a half. Since he was 18 months he has tantrums and outbursts most days. As a family it has brought us all down. We are awaiting for an appointment with a child psychologist but are now at a stage where we were wondering how to approach Dr Tanya Bryon for a private appointment. Can anyone help. Thank you.

ICANDOTHAT Fri 31-Jul-09 09:03:26

I don't think she has her own website, but I do know she writes for The Times, so you could try contacting her through them. Also see this:
www.dcsf.gov.uk/byronreview/biog.shtml

Why don't you try a private children's clinic ... do you have any near you? I would imagine you would pay a tidy sum to have her assess your child ... ?

buy1get1free Sat 01-Aug-09 08:51:32

BUMP smile

ahappymummy Sat 01-Aug-09 17:00:43

Hi! just thought i would let you know dr Byron practices in a private medical centre in mill hill,nw7.Im not sure of the name of it but will try to find it for you.
I know that a friend of mine had the same issue with a 6 year old,and they took her to see Dr.Byron who told them they spend too much time debating with her over things,they needed to lay down the rules,tell her this was the way things were going to be then if she tantrumed to not get sucked into it,ignore it and let it pass.
So far,so good,it seems to be working and she really was HARD work!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now