Talk

Advanced search

Too much 'love'???

(7 Posts)
Beeny1980 Thu 30-Jul-09 17:44:59

My girl is 2 1/2 yrs now and after a hard start to our relationship, i love her now more than life itself and tell her everyday that i love her. I say it 3-5 times a day, normally accompanied by a hug etc.

She's started saying it back now which i adore, but i noticed she has been saying it to her little friends too and other family members when she gets hugs.

Have i done the right thing by telling her too much? Does she now think she should tell everyone she hugs that she loves them?? Am worried i may have set her up for trouble in the future!!

Thanks

Meglet Thu 30-Jul-09 17:48:13

aaaaaw, thats very cute. I wouldn't worry as she's so young she will probably grow out of it and save it for close family.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 30-Jul-09 17:52:25

You could say to her that she doesn't have to tell everyone she hugs that she loves them as it sounds like she doesn't understand yet.

My youngest tells me he loves me every day. Haven't heard him say it to anyone else. grin

meerkatmum Thu 06-Aug-09 12:20:42

I'm not a person that naturally says 'I love you' however my DD started telling me she loved me around age 2 yrs. She's now 4 yrs and we tell each other several times a day, which I love!

I don't think giving your DD this reasurrance can do them any harm at all, as she gets older she's realise the difference between love and like.

lucymum2four Thu 06-Aug-09 22:00:57

she is only small so in time she will learn what it means and who she feels it for..

but for now just too cute x

georgimama Thu 06-Aug-09 22:04:43

You cannot love a child too much. She's fine. There's nothing wrong with her telling her friends and relatives that she loves them - she does! My DS hugs and kisses all his little friends, it's a love fest. Why not?

monkeypinkmonkey Thu 06-Aug-09 22:32:40

Oh bless. My DS and I tell each other everyday. I'm sure she will learn that she doesn't love 'everyone' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now