Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of doing a sleepover with a 4yr old, 6yr old and 7yr old (all girls)

(8 Posts)
Ripeberry Wed 29-Jul-09 21:46:17

My DDs are aged 4yrs and 7yrs old and an old friend aged 6yrs old has come back to the UK after living in France since she was 2yrs old.
Am i mad to even think of letting them have a sleepover?
The 6yr old has been on holiday camps by herself (French school trips) and i'm hopeful she won't need her mum in the middle of the night and she's known me and DH ever since she was born.
It's just that knowing my own two, they won't go to bed until midnight!

bigchris Wed 29-Jul-09 21:48:45

my two and five yr olds are having their teenage cousins to stay over in the hols
i hope they all sleep
the teenagers are not keen at bring woken at six am , lol

DidEinsteinsMum Wed 29-Jul-09 21:49:08

2 words: Good luck winkgrin

eandh Wed 29-Jul-09 21:50:03

Have invited our niece to sleep over during holidays she is 8 and dd1 is almost 5 and dd2 is 2.6 when its happens I know dd2 will crash but expect dd1 will be very excited grin

DidEinsteinsMum Wed 29-Jul-09 21:54:39

<<hopes yours goes better then mine did>>
I had ds' cousin to stay for a weekend. He was amazing the best behaved i've ever seen. Ds was a nightmare and still is. It appears it was too much for him to cope with sad Planning to do it again next year though <must be mad>grin

girlywhirly Thu 30-Jul-09 13:00:18

Have a time limit for being awake, and do your best firm voice to tell them now is the time to quieten down and go to sleep, have arrangements in place to seperate them if you need to. It sounds really mean, but it just isn't worth the grumpy, miserable badly-behaved children that lack of sleep causes next day!

mrshibbins Thu 30-Jul-09 13:57:46

prepare for no sleep all night! when we let SD have a sleepover, even with just two of them, they are thundering around all night long, despite firmness, threats, everything, they just get too excited by it all and egg each other on ... we had 4 girls over for her 8th, and ... i'm not in too much of a hurry to repeat right now ... ha ha!

tkband3 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:06:34

We often have DD1's best friend over (they are both 6) and I also have DTs of 4. DD1 and her friend have been doing sleepovers since they were 2 and they love them (of course grin).

I've found the best thing is to give them tea, and then bath them and in their pyjamas. Then they come downstairs for a DVD and popcorn before a later than usual night (they probably end up going to bed about 8.30-9). They also generally been running around like mad things during the day as well. They are then quite tired so the chatting and messing around when they finally get into bed is kept to a minimum.

They do tend to wake up quite early though - about 6ish generally, but I send them downstairs to watch telly until a slightly more reasonable hour grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now